We are excited to announce the launch of our new website!
The website redesign is a project we’ve been working on over the past year.
Our overall goal with the redesigned website was to develop an online destination for families, campers, staff, and others that features a clean, uncluttered design, and uses our archive of camp photos to help us tell the story of Wenonah.
The site’s homepage directs visitors to one of five distinct areas with customized content: Future Families, Current Families, Outdoor Centre, Women’s Weekends, and a new Gallery. We hope that by moving to a layout that centres on what our families and others are seeking we can provide information in a way that is easy for visitors to access.
Other features of our redesigned website include:
- Mobile functionality, allowing you to check all the latest news from Camp on your smartphone.
- Photo Gallery featuring pictures from recent Summers, and a special section of “vintage” photos.
- Video Gallery offering visitors a glimpse of life at Camp.
- New content and photos for our Summer Camp, Outdoor Centre, and Women’s Weekend programs.
- News & Events blog featuring all the latest updates from Camp. You can use your RSS feed to subscribe to all Camp news.
- Improved social media functionality, including feeds that stream updates from our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- A tool that allows visitors to translate the website into one of 58 languages.
- An improved search tool, and a new site map.
- Live support feature allowing you to communicate from your computer or smartphone directly with our office.
We will continue to update the website on a regular basis with all the information your family needs in advance of Summer Camp. We will also add new features in the coming weeks, including biographies of our 2013 staff team and new Camp videos.
Our special thanks to Associate Director Mike Stewart for leading the new website development project over the past two years. Stewy has spent an unbelievable amount of time creating a more efficient and effective Wenonah website. We are delighted with the final result and we have Stewy to thank for his committed, thoughtful and deliberate leadership on this project.
We hope you enjoy your visit to the new CampWenonah.com, and we look forward to hearing your feedback!
Posted in: Camp News