Summer Camp Director Geoff “Rudy” Williamson, Outdoor Centre Director Fraser “Tito” McOuat, Associate Directors Caron Brick, Mike Stewart, Nancy Vandenbergh & Simon Wells, Executive Chef Brad Laidlaw, Women’s Weekend Coordinator Julia Stephenson, 20/20 Co-Chair Liz McClounie, 20/20 Co-Chair & Period Five Director Jason Monteith, WEEnonah Directors Maia Bradshaw & Barb Janicek and Wenonah Board Chair Renata Bradshaw are all to be congratulated for all their hard work and dedication towards another terrific year for Camp Wenonah, our popular Women’s Weekend programs and The Camp Wenonah Centre for Outdoor Education.
Inside this year’s edition of the Warbler, you will find:
- A recap of major program and property projects completed in 2015.
- A look ahead to some fantastic new initiatives for the 2016 season.
- Find out who received Five Year and Ten Year Camper Awards in 2015.
- Associate Director Barb Janicek is honoured with the 2015 Distinguished Service Award.
- 2015 Schaefer Scholarships are awarded to Natalie Fox, John Ramsay, Jared Perlmutter and Stephanie Sutcliffe.
- 2015 Simon Wells First Year Staff Leadership Awards are presented to Emma Murray and Colin Long.
- Joseph Taylor is the 2015 Service Without Recognition Award recipient.
- Aki Nation Celebrates the first Aki Challenge Cup winning season in nine years.
- Wenonah 20/20: 20 Events to Celebrate 20 Years in 2016.
- A unique mother/daughter story of camping through the years.
- We offer thanks to the many recent Wenonah Foundation donors.
- And, much, much more!
The Wenonah Warbler is published annually for campers, POLARIS/WCIT participants, Outdoor Education Centre groups, Women’s Weekend participants, alumni and friends of Camp Wenonah.
Posted in: Camp News